March 4, 2020
First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto Congregation:
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to check in with you and let you know how we will be responding as a congregation.
At this point, we are not looking at canceling any events or gatherings, though we should be prepared to do so depending on future developments.
For now, we will ask people to:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Contact us if you need support.
- We will be adjusting the order of worship to avoid creating situations that encourage touching.
- When you greet folks, instead of shaking hands or hugging, we suggest using the peace sign, Namaste (hands clasped together in front of you) or just placing your right hand over your heart and offering a smile or nod.
- We may adjust how we serve communion and snacks.
- We’ll continue to hand sanitizer available in the church.
- We will continue to monitor developments and keep in touch with you.
We continue to pray for all of those impacted by COVID-19 around the world.
Peace be with you,