Part of the purpose of these weekly blog posts is to help you get to know me as well as be transparent and open about the complex life of FPCPA. Every once in a while — Usually when I am having serious writer’s block and missed the deadline to finish my post for the Thursday email — I’ll just share a few random things with you as a church that will give you a peek behind the curtain.
Here you go . . .
- DOUG’S PICS: Thanks so much to Doug Kreitz for capturing some great photos on Easter and Earth Day. Please take moment to visit the EASTER GALLERY and the EARTH DAY GALLERY and feel free to download and share photos. You can view the video of Bill McKibben’s sermon on the FPCPA FACEBOOK PAGE.
- WORSHIP PLANNING: If you want a peek behind the curtain or just love spreadsheets, here is the new WORSHIP PLANNING CHART that we are beginning to use to plan worship. Not only will we be able to plan further out, but we now have a way to keep track of the many special worship events here at FPCPA. Good times!
- MANSE WORK DAY: We had a great time at the Manse Workday on May 5th and nearly filled the driveway with stuff to be hauled off. Kudos to the City of Palo Alto for coming by and cleaning nearly all of it up. Turns out that we probably won’t be moving in until late July, but we are defiantly making headway. Thanks again!
GOD IN YOUR MERCY, HEAR OUR PRAYERS
- For SHOOTING VICTIMS. May we, as a society, exercise the courage to address gun violence in meaningful ways.
- For GRIEVING COMMUNITIES. May a spirit of peace be with those who are grieving the deaths if Ilene Dunn, a tireless advocate of LGBTQ inclusion in the church and Rachel Held Evans an author and theologian whose writings impacted millions. May they both rest in peace and rise in power.
- For THOSE WHO CARE FOR AGING PARENTS. May those who are caring for aging parents know rest, joy, hope, and love.
THIS SUNDAY’s FOCUS:
We will explore the concept and complexities of “family” our communal commitment that we each grow into God’s intentions for our lives.
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you Sunday!
PS: Time is running out as there is only about a month until I leave for our preplanned vacation, so sign up for a visit. I’m still on target to visit 60 people in 60 days, so get on over and reserve