NOTE: Our services are currently remote; for the most up-to-date pandemic-related announcements, please CLICK HERE.
You are invited…
First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto gatherings on Zoom on Sunday’s at 10:00am.
This is not a livestream where you watch worship, but an interactive worship experience where we will engage with one another in building community, seeking justice, growing in our Christian faith.
- 9:30 Bruce will be on in case there are tech needs
- 10:00 We begin our worship
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO…
- Register on Zoom (You will only have to do this once)
- Bring Communion Elements (Anything that you can eat and a liquid into which you will dip or drink)
- Be open to whatever the spirit might have in store for us
- Welcome and Announcements
- Centering Chime and Silence
- Invitation to Chat and Passing of the Peace
- Scripture Reading
- Reflection and Chat
- Music Reflection
- Prayers of the People and Prayer of Jesus
- Closing Silence
- Charge and Benediction
Let us know if you have any questions and we hope to see you soon!
Upon our return to in-person gatherings, our Sunday schedule will return to the following:
8:30–9:30 AM Early Church Through Zoom
Early Church is an intimate worship experience. It is a venture in “creating church,” taking its name from its gathering time (early on Sunday mornings) and its aspiration (to capture the spirit of the earliest Christians). This service features prayer, music, and discussion of the lectionary text for the day.
NOTE: Early Church is also currently meeting over Zoom; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
10–11 AM Communal Worship Through Zoom
Our larger service is open to all ages and features prayers, choir anthems, hymns, Scripture readings, a sermon (the prompting), and an offering. We celebrate Communion on the first Sunday of the month, where all are welcome to the table. After worship, we enjoy snacks and conversation in the back of the sanctuary.